The triggers that our customers come up with are an eclectic and fascinating group (if you're as much of a Business Rules nerd as I am). Triggers are flexible and powerful, so what people do with them can be pretty astounding .
There's a basic trigger though, that I come back to over and over again, that's really important for any admin jumping into customizing your business rules to have in Zendesk Support.
Here's the gist of it:
When a ticket is received to a specific email, assign it to a specific group (or assignee).
Pretty simple and straightforward right? Well it's super easy to setup.
- Setup your Support Addresses and so your end-users have a few options to send tickets to. By default, as long as you have more than one Agent & Group, these tickets will be created unassigned.
- Click the Manage icon ( ) in the sidebar then click Triggers under Business Rules .
- Add a new trigger
- Under Meet ALL of the Following Conditions create the following two conditions:
- "Ticket: Received at..." "email@example.com"
- "Ticket: Is..." "Created"
- "Ticket: Group" " Desired Group "
That's it! Now when an email is sent to that address, a ticket will be created and automatically assigned to the correct group. You can also set the "Ticket: Assignee" instead of the group if you'd like the ticket to be assigned to a specific agent. Of course, this same basic trigger can also be adapted for any ticket channel (ie your social channels like Facebook & Twitter), just replace the "Ticket: Received at..." condition with the "Ticket: Channel" value of your choice.
Of course, as always, if you have any questions, comment here or email our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org (which gets routed right to them via trigger of course).