I have a current contractual agreement with a customer and under the existing agreement, our SLA stipulates we must reply to all urgent tickets within 30 minutes, high priority tickets within 45 minutes, normal priority tickets in 60 minutes, and low priority tickets in 2 hours.
Recently, we renegotiated the contract with this customer, and with this new contract comes much steeper reply times. The new contract is effective on May 1, and I will only be measured against these new SLAs for tickets created on or after May 1. How can I achieve that?
To satisfy this need use the condition Created that allows you to define a policy based on the creation date of any ticket.
To create a new version of an existing policy
- Click the Admin icon () in the sidebar, then select Business Rules > Service Level Agreements.
- Click Add policy.
- Name your policy so you can easily differentiate it from the original policy. Take advantage of the description field to help clarify as well.
- Add the main conditions - these should be identical to the original policy.
- Add the condition Created > After or on > the first date of the new contract.
- Click Save.
- Find your existing policy and click it to expand it.
- Add the condition Created > Before > the first date of the new contract.
- Click Save.
- Using the grabber icon on the left-hand-side, drag the new policy to just above the older policy.
Going forward, tickets created before a certain date (and matching your other conditions) will have the older policy applied, and tickets created after that certain date (and matching your other conditions) will have the newer policy applied.