Android 2.3.0 - 15th July 2019
In this release we improved the macro experience by displaying macro placeholder values when a comment is applied. We also fixed various bugs and made minor improvements.
Android 2.2.2 - 27th June 2019
Minor fixes and performance improvements
Android 2.2.1 - 26th June 2019
Minor fixes and performance improvements
Android 2.2.0 - 20th June 2019
We heard your feedback about the inconvenience of seeing ticket fields but not the conditions between them - so with this update we’re bringing support for Conditional Ticket Fields to the Android app.
Now, upon choosing a ticket form you’ll see associated conditional fields appear below it. This update enables visibility and use of conditional fields in the app, however they need to be configured via the web.
As always we made general app improvements by fixing bugs. Please try it out and send us your feedback.
Android 2.0.1 - 9th May 2018
We hear the frustration you feel when searching for tickets on the move - so this month we’re launching advanced mobile search. Now you can view segmented results, sort results and apply filters, such as tags, assignee and much more. Give it a try and let us know what you think!
We also fixed some bugs, specifically:
- Fixed a nasty layout issue affecting the ‘add tags’ screen
- Fixed an issue which stopped the group notifications setting from being switched off.
Android 2.0.0 - 1st April 2019
From today you’ll notice a fresh new look for the Android Support app. While green was nice, we felt it was time for a fresh look and we hope you like it!
As part of the updated design, we improved accessibility, visual cues for things like loading indicators and made the app feel more usable and friendly.
Go ahead, give it a test run and let us know what you think - you can share your feedback directly from the Feedback screen in the app.
Android 1.7.1 - 11th February 2019
In this release we fixed bugs, improving app stability:
- Fixed an issue which caused fields not related to the default form were shown in properties
- Fixed an issue causing the ticket list ordering to be inverted when changing device language
- Fixed an issue causing notifications to become enabled, on returning to settings
- Fixed a push notification issue affecting badge count
- Fixed an issue causing disabled brands to be displayed
- Fixed an issue that will affect @mentions functionality for CC and Followers users
Android 1.7 - 10th December 2018
A warm marhaban and shalom to our Arabic and Hebrew speakers! In this release we added mobile support for these right to left languages.
We also squished some bugs and made performance improvements.
Additionally, in this release we’ve removed support for devices running Jellybean (Android versions 4.1 - 4.3). To find out more and how that affects you, please see the full announcement here: https://support.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001908627
Android 1.6.1 - 25th October 2018
- Minor fixes and improvements
Android 1.6 - 16th October 2018
We know how frustrating it can be when working on a critical issue where you need another perspective but have no easy way to add others to the conversation...
So with this update we’ve added the ability to mention other agents directly in comments - just like on the web. Simply tap the @ button and start typing a name or email and boom, your fellow agent is mentioned! Go ahead, give it a whirl and let us know what you think.
We also fixed some nasty bugs and made performance improvements.
In our next update, we’ll remove support for devices running Jellybean (Android versions 4.1 - 4.3). To find out more and how that affects you, please see the full announcement here: https://support.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001908627
Android 1.5.6 - 22nd August 2018
- Minor fixes and improvements
Android 1.5.5 - 16th July 2018
This months release includes minor fixes and performance improvements.
Android 1.5.4 - 1 June 2018
In this release we’ve continued to improve the stability and performance of the app:
- Fields associated with the time tracking app should now be hidden, aligned with Zendesk for web.
- Fixed an issue which affected permissions of Light Agents
- Fixed a crash that was caused when submitting a new ticket
- Fixed an issue which was causing ticket updates to fail for some users
- Fixed multiple issues affecting inline image rendering issues
Android 1.5.3 - 23 April 2018
In this release we made minor improvements and fixed several crashes. This update also removes support for devices running Ice Cream Sandwich.
To find out more and how that affects you, please see the full announcement here: https://support.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000433127-Zendesk-Android-App-removing-support-for-Ice-Cream-Sandwich
Android 1.5.2 - 19 March 2018
This month we made minor improvements to the user experience, like a Zendesk notification sound to help you filter important updates and adding the ticket ID to tickets in your views for easier quick reference.
We also made performance improvements and fixed a bug where contextual spelling suggestions sometimes didn’t apply when tapped.
Important to note: in our next release we’ll be removing support for devices running Ice Cream Sandwich. To find out more and how that affects you, please see the full announcement here:
- Minor bug fixes
1.5 - 15 December, 2017
This month we made improvements to the commenting experience. We know it’s hard managing customer issues on-the-go and even trickier when an urgent response is required. With that in mind we’ve made it simpler and snappier to help you get things done faster.
We also fixed some crashes and added some general performance and stability improvements:
- [Fixed] We fixed an issue where reply type could be incorrect when applying a macro
- [Fixed] We fixed a crash that sometimes occurred when applying macros
- Minor UI updates to ticket threads
If you’re interested in joining our Zendesk mobile beta community, please email us at email@example.com we’d love to hear your feedback.
1.4.2 - 31 October, 2017
- [Fixed] When applying a macro which does not have a plain text alternative, we now display a message to let you know
- Thanks to your feedback we continue to fix crashes and improve the performance of the app, please keep it coming!
1.4.1 - 2 October, 2017
This month we added the ability to choose which groups you receive notifications for giving greater control over your alerts.
- [New] We added the ability to choose which groups you receive notifications for.
- [Fixed] We fixed an inconsistency where ticket fields were not ordered correctly.
- We also fixed some bugs and improved stability of the app.
1.4 - 21 August, 2017
In this release we made minor improvements to the views and ticket update experience. As part of our focus on continual improvement we also fixed several crashes and improved performance.
- [Fixed] Fixed an issue where special characters were not displaying correctly in the app
- [Fixed] When custom views are deleted we now handle this and display the add views button
- [Fixed] We fixed an issue where tags added by a macro were not being shown in ticket properties
- [Fixed] Resolved an issue where an alert appears when downloading attachments
- [Fixed] When navigating away from a ticket without saving we now show a dialog to warn you
- Thanks to your feedback we continue to improve the performance of the app.
1.3.1 - 25 July, 2017
Thanks to your feedback about issues with problem tickets we improved the way they work, specifically the ability to open from an incident’s property page, as well as searching tickets by ID. We also fixed several crashes and improved performance.
- [New] You can now open a problem ticket from an incident’s properties page.
- [Fixed] You can now search for problem tickets by ID.
- [Fixed] If you open a ticket from a push notification, we now mark it as read.
- [Fixed] Resolved an issue where you may sometimes see duplicated comments.
- [Fixed] Improvements to the way that Office 365 Single Sign On (SSO) works.
- [Fixed] If you’re offline and need to do something that requires an internet connection, we’ll now let you know.
- [Fixed] Based on your feedback, we fixed several crashes in this update. Thank-you!
184.108.40.206 - 28 June, 2017
In this update, we’ve made a minor tweak to make things run more smoothly for you.
1.3 - 28 June, 2017
In this update we’re bringing you a better experience if you use Problem Tickets and Incidents, and adding features for selecting the views you use in the app. We also added a bunch of bug fixes and performance improvements.
- [New] See the links between Problem Tickets and Incidents.
- [New] Link/unlink Incidents with/from Problem Tickets.
- [New] Choose which views you see in the view selector.
- [New] Added support for the multi-select field type. This is a beta feature.
- [New] Better error messages when something goes wrong.
- [New] Links in suspended tickets are no longer tappable.
- [Fixed] Fixed an issue with Google Single Sign On.
- [Fixed] ‘New’ now appears as a status option.
- [Fixed] We fixed an issue where it wasn’t possible to submit a ticket update if a required field contained a default value.
- [Fixed] Fixed crashes relating to opening tickets, adding comments, assigning a ticket, or swiping between tickets in the carousel.
- [Fixed] Fixes for using macros with comment text, or using several macros in a row.
- [Fixed] Talk tickets now load more efficiently.
- [Fixed] Sometimes fields appeared editable even if you didn’t have permission to save changes. Now they don’t.
- [Fixed] The first time you looked at a Twitter ticket it wasn’t possible to reply. This problem is now fixed.
- [Fixed] Tapping ‘back’ after you opened a ticket from a link now works. You’ll go to the previous screen you were on in the app if it was active, or to your home view.
- [Fixed] Various other bug fixes.
1.2 - March 27, 2017
- Service Level Agreement (SLA) support - if you utilize SLAs the next breach will now display on any ticket list with the ‘next SLA breach’ column configured and on ticket details. To see future breaches, tap the SLA badge on the ticket details screen
- Apply attachments from Macros, support for plain text comment version of rich macros
- Bug and crash fixes
1.1.1 - Feb 23, 2017
- Fix for a crash when viewing ticket list
1.1 - Feb 17, 2017
- Delete and mark tickets as spam using the bulk edit on the list or the actions menu on the ticket details
- Manage your Suspended tickets with deletion and recovery
- See the ticket Requester on all ticket lists
- If your default reply type for the web is set to internal, it will also be set for mobile responses
- Crash fixes including accessing notification settings and applying macros
- Share tickets from ticket details
1.0.2 - Dec 19, 2016
- Delete and mark tickets as spam from the ticket list
- Additional user profile information including Twitter or Facebook contact information
- Bug fixes for the token expiration issues, light agents applying macros and improved the support of required fields
1.0.1 - Nov 24, 2016
This first update is focused on addressing your feedback.
- Copy the ticket ID, Subject, Requestor, and comment details
- Bypass Google and SSO to utilize email and password
- Internal note background is now yellow
- Users being frequently logged out
- And we fixed a few crashes
1.0 - Nov 15, 2016
We’ve rebuilt the app so it’s faster and more intuitive to get things done on the go. With this update you can now:
- Configure which notifications you receive and when
- Review all notifications in a notification feed
- Sort and group ticket lists
- View comments with rich text and inline images
- Preview macro changes
- Carousel through tickets by swiping left and right
- Leave feedback and report issues directly through the app
**** Our updated Zendesk Support for Android has been released. *****
- Bug fixes and improvements to Single Sign On
- Crash fixes including Periodic Update SLAs
- Security enhancements
- Bug fixes
- Updated to respect the new Mobile Access Setting
- Additional localization for Norwegian, Turkish, Swedish, Polish, Czech, Romanian and Finnish
- Bug fixes and security enhancements
- Customer satisfaction ratings and comments on ticket view
- Ability to remove bookmarks
- Quick user creation
- Security improvements and bug fixes
- Android users with an Android OS version below 4.0 will now see a notification that we will be removing support in January 2016
- Basic Authentication Single Sign-on support
- Minor bug fixes
2015-07-08 (2.7 & 2.7.1)
- Service Level Agreements. See how your tickets are tracking against their next SLA
- JWT & SAML Authentication. More control over how you login to the Zendesk app
- Bug fixes related to bulk edit, suspended tickets, highlighting comments, and applying macros
- Manage your suspended tickets. You can view, recover, and delete suspended tickets
- Bulk ticket editing. Edit multiple tickets at a time to update properties, apply macros, add comments, delete and mark as spam
- Support for Two-Factor Authentication
- Minor bug fixes related to login messaging, applying macros and comment submission
- Added 150 character limit cue for subject to prevent the user submitted a subject that is too long.
- We fixed an issue that was causing the app to hang on login.
- We fixed several issues causing the app to crash.
What's New in Version 2.2?
• We've updated the app with a new restyle.
• The dashboard layout has been improved for devices with small screens.
What's Fixed in Version 2.2?
• We have fixed some of the issues with notifications which were reported to us after our last release.
• We fixed several crash issues which were affecting some users.
•We fixed an issue where the call duration was displayed incorrectly when viewing a voice ticket.
Today we released version 2.1.2 of our Android app in the Google Play Store. This is now live and ready to download. We have also submitted this to the Samsung KNOX Store and the Amazon store and these are awaiting approval.
What’s New in Version 2.1.2?
- This was a patch release to fix some crash issues identified with version 2.1.2 which affected a small number of users.
Today we will be submitting version 2.1 of our Android app to the Google Play Store.
What’s New in Version 2.1?
- We have updated our login method to improve security for users of the app. This change will not affect how you use the app but you will need to log in again after updating.
- User profiles will now show Facebook and Twitter details.
- Refreshed Dashboard view and Notifications
As part of this update we have spend a lot of time addressing many bugs which customers have raised with us and which we have come across during testing.
Here are some of the major bugs we have squashed!
- Twitter and Facebook reply options for Android now work.
- Pinned views are no longer disappearing.
- Push Notification failure issues have be fixed.
- Dismissed or cleared notifications returning on next push notification.
After updating to version 2.1, you will need to log into the app again. This was necessary for updating to OAuth
- Zendesk for Android is now available in 14 languages—German, French, Japanese, Portuguese, English, English (UK), Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Danish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, and Korean.
- We've improved the interface and navigation.
- Support for problem and incident linking.
- Support for marking tickets as spam.
- Fixed reported crashes.
- We've fixed an issue with grouping a ticket view by custom ticket field returning incorrect groupings.
- We've introduced a number of stability improvements in this release.
- 2.0.11 introduced a crash upon app startup for many customers. We released 2.0.12 which addresses this issue and we are very sorry for the regression.
- We've added support for our upcoming ticket forms feature, available for Enterprise customers.
- Ticket views were not grouping correctly by organization.
- We've fixed an issue with tickets with long comment threads not properly displaying all comments.
- Our app was sometimes encountering an error when registering with our push notification provider. We've fixed this and it should improve push notification reliability.
- We've migrated to Google Cloud Messaging to make push notifications more reliable. This addresses various reports of customers not properly receiving push notifications. Please note that Google Cloud Messaging supports Android 2.2 and above.
- Inline with our new agent interface behavior, ticket comments are now always in reverse chronological order, newest comment at the top.
- We've fixed an issue where private ticket comments were showing up as public.
- Fixed an issue with some comments on Facebook tickets not rendering properly.
- Voice tickets now render properly and you can play voicemails.
- Modifying the due date on a ticket now properly shows the submit button so agents can submit this change.
- Macro ordering should now be inline with ordering shown in the agent interface.
- Fixed an error with malformed error messages when updating tickets.
- Comment timestamps should now correctly show the agent's timezone instead of UTC timestamps.
- Fixes ability to view tickets in On Hold status and ability to update tickets to On Hold status
- Fixes crashes in Android 4.2.2 when refreshing a view
- Fixes various crashes with attaching images taken from the gallery or from the phone's camera
- Fixes issues with applying personal macros on some accounts
- Creating a new user from a ticket now properly adds the user as the requester after ticket submission\
- Light agents can now properly make private comments on tickets
- Apply macro is now properly hidden for restricted agents who do not have permission to update ticket properties
- Various UI fixes between portrait and landscape mode on certain screens