Zendesk provides two add-ons you can purchase to provide additional security for your account. Advanced security add-ons can be purchased separately, depending on your security needs.
This article includes the following sections:
About the Advanced Security add-ons
Advanced security add-ons include:
- Enhanced Disaster Recovery: This add-on enhances the protection of your Zendesk data and provides for faster recovery in the event of a disaster that interrupts your Zendesk service. The Enhanced Disaster Recovery add-on is available for Professional and Enterprise plans.
- Advanced Compliance: This add-on helps you fulfill your obligations under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). With this add-on, you have the ability to enter into a Business Associate Agreement (BAA) with Zendesk. The Advanced Compliance add-on is available for Enterprise plans.
Note: If you're an existing customer who purchased the original Advanced Security add-on, you can continue to renew this add-on for your account. See the PDF attached at the end of this article for information about this legacy add-on.
Exceptions to advanced security add-ons
The Advanced Compliance and Enhanced Disaster Recovery add-ons may not apply to the following services:
- Zendesk Net Promoter Score (NPS) Surveys
- Zendesk Explore. See HIPAA considerations when using Zendesk Explore
- Other services managed and hosted by third parties and the data you enter into these other services, as defined in our Master Subscription Agreement.