The Hubspot integration allows Hubspot users to receive ticket events and chat transcripts in the Hubspot's contact timeline.
This article covers the following topics:
- Setting up Zendesk for Hubspot
- Deleting the Integration
- Frequently asked questions
Setting up Zendesk for Hubspot
The Zendesk for Hubspot integration enables you to view Zendesk ticket information in the timeline section of a customer's profile page in Hubspot.
Three types of tickets that can be displayed are:
- New tickets created
- Solved tickets
- Solved tickets with CSAT rating
The ticket information that will be displayed is as follows:
- Title and ticket status
- The whole ticket conversation
- Link to the ticket to Zendesk
- CSAT (Only for solved tickets with CSAT rating)
- Group and Assignee that responded to the ticket
- Tags that have been assigned to the ticket
Requirements for setting up the integration
- You must be on the Zendesk Team, Professional, or Enterprise plan
- You must be on the Hubspot Basic, Pro, or Enterprise plan
Installing and configuring the integration
- Visit https://hubspot.zendesk-integrations.com/zendesk.
- Enter your Zendesk subdomain e.g. z3nianhelp.
- Authorize the Zendesk Application.
- Allow access to the Hubspot Application.
- Enter your Hubspot Portal ID (found on the upper right corner of your page once you login to Hubspot, it is labeled as Hub ID).
- Authorize Zendesk to use your data.
- Go to your Hubspot account and click Contacts.
- Click on any contact then click the Filter Timeline... dropdown button.
- Scroll down and tick the Zendesk checkbox.
Three triggers and one target are automatically created after connecting your Zendesk account to Hubspot. These ensure that the tickets are sent to your Hubspot when they are created, solved, or rated.
The following triggers are set up:
- [Hubspot Integration] - Ticket Created
- [Hubspot Integration] - Ticket Solved
- [Hubspot Integration] - Ticket CSAT Rating Submitted
The target is:
- HubSpot Integration
You can disable the triggers if you’d like to turn off the integration.
Deleting the integration
Go to https://hubspot.zendesk-integrations.com/account, enter your Zendesk subdomain and click delete.
Frequently Asked Questions
I can’t set up the integration. I am redirected to an “Application Error” page.
Send us an email at email@example.com if you are getting this error. This error happens sporadically and we can get it back up within 24 hours.
I can’t see the tickets events in my Hubspot account.
Confirm that you reach the setup complete page for Zendesk.
Make sure you are using the latest version of Hubspot CRM. Consult with a Hubspot specialist in case you need help upgrading to the latest version.
Make sure that the Zendesk checkbox is ticked in the “Filter timeline…” drop down list.
I want to filter out tickets that will go to my Hubspot account.
Go to your Zendesk triggers and find the three triggers created, as described above. These triggers are responsible for sending ticket events to Hubspot. You can edit the conditions of the triggers to filter in/out tickets going to your Hubspot account. The actual JSON payload (ticket information) cannot be modified.
I only see the group and assignee in Solved ticket events in Hubspot
The initial version of the integration doesn’t display ticket information for solved tickets. In the meantime, click on the ticket link to view the ticket information inside Zendesk.
I would like to set up the integration for Zendesk Chat
We currently do not have a Hubspot integration for Zendesk Chat due to technical issues.
I want to modify the ticket information that appears in Hubspot
You can't customize the ticket information that appears in Hubspot.
I want to have my contacts in Hubspot appear in Zendesk
The Hubspot/Zendesk integration is one way with information flowing from Zendesk to Hubspot. In order to create the users from Hubspot in Zendesk, you'll need to use the API. Details on how to use the API are available on developer.zendesk.com."