Once you've enabled and configured Talk, you'll want to start giving your agents access. In this article, you'll learn how to configure the three levels of access for your Talk agents. Additionally, you can disable access to Talk so that the agent cannot use it.
Configuring access to Talk
Access to Zendesk products is configured through the Zendesk Admin Center. Use the following procedure to configure access for your Talk agents.
To configure access to Talk
- In Zendesk Support, click the Admin icon () in the sidebar, then click Manage > People.
- On the People page, click the user you want to grant access to Talk. The user you choose must have the User type of Staff member.
Note: Currently, you can configure Talk access for one user at a time.
- In the users profile, under Role, click Manage in Admin Center.
Zendesk Admin Center opens on the Roles and access tab.
- In the Talk section of the page, enable the Access checkbox. If you don't enable this checkbox, the user cannot access Talk.
Tip: By default, the checkbox is not selected and users won't have access to Talk.
- From the Role dropdown, choose one of the following Talk roles for this agent. Choose from:
- Admin: An admin can configure all Talk settings found in Zendesk Support under Channels > Talk, but cannot make or receive calls.
- Team lead: A team lead has all of the permissions of an admin but can additionally make or receive calls.
- Agent: The agent will be the role you'll typically give. Agents can make or receive calls only.
- When you are finished, click Save.
The agent now has access to Talk with the permissions you configured.