With Talk Professional, or Enterprise, along with Zendesk Support's Professional or Enterprise plan, you can configure when calls are routed to available agents based on your scheduled business hours.
Before you can assign a schedule to a number, you need to create your schedule in Support. On Support's Professional plan, you can set only one schedule. On Support's Enterprise plan, you can set multiple schedules. For details, see Setting your business hours and holidays (Professional and Enterprise).
To set routing for a Talk number
- Click the Admin icon () in the sidebar, then select Channels > Talk.
- Select the Numbers tab.
- Click the number you want to set a schedule for.
- Click the Routing tab.
- Next to the Schedule field, select a schedule from the drop-down field:
Note: When calls are still in the queue at the end of business hours and no agents are online, calls will remain in the queue for the maximum wait time you've configured.
- Business hours: Route calls to this number only within your scheduled business hours.
- Always route calls: Always route calls to this number, regardless of your scheduled business hours.
- Click Save changes.