For each of your Talk lines, you can choose to route incoming calls to only the agent groups you choose.
If you use Talk Professional or Enterprise, you can route calls using IVR instead of group routing. For details, see Routing incoming calls with IVR.
To route calls to specific groups
- Click the Admin icon () in the sidebar, then select Channels > Talk.
- Click the Lines tab.
- Click the number you want to edit.
- Click the Routing tab.
- In the Group Routing section, select one or more groups to route calls to. If you don't enable a group, calls are routed to all available agents.
- If you chose more than one group, also choose a default group from the drop-down menu next to Default group. Calls are routed to the default group first if agents in that group are available. If no agents from any of the selected groups are available, resulting voicemails are also assigned to the default group.
Note: When three or more groups are selected, there is no hierarchy to the non-default groups; all Talk-enabled agents in those groups are put into a single assignment pool. Call routing is determined by an agent's online status.
- When you are finished, click Save changes.