The Pathfinder app can display the Help Center searches, and article and community post views, made by a customer in the 30 minutes before and 30 minutes after they create a ticket. This helps agents respond to customer tickets more efficiently, giving them better understanding of the customer's intent, and helping them avoid providing customers with repeat information that leads to longer resolution times, higher effort, and lower satisfaction ratings.
If you have the Web Widget installed in your website, the Pathfinder app can also display all events occurring via the widget, as well as the website pages visited by your customers.
This article contains the following sections:
Installing the Pathfinder app
The Pathfinder app is available through the Apps Marketplace.
To install the Pathfinder app
- Click the Admin icon () in the sidebar, then select Apps > Marketplace.
- Find the Pathfinder app, then click the icon.
- On the app details page, click the Install App button on the upper-right side of the page.
- Click Install.
Using the Pathfinder app
Once the Pathfinder app is installed, it appears in the Apps panel on your tickets.
To view information in the Pathfinder app
- Open the ticket's Apps panel.
- In the app box, you can view the following information, listed in chronological order:
- The time the ticket was submitted.
- Terms and keywords the user searched for in the Help Center, and the times those searches were made.
- Help Center articles and community posts the customer viewed 30 minutes prior to, or following, filing the ticket, and the time those items were viewed. Click any article or community post link to open it.
Page visits on your website, and Web Widget events (for users with the Web Widget installed).
the app displays up to five events prior to, and three events after, ticket submission.
- Use this information to determine how to further guide the customer.
The Pathfinder app is updated when the customer views any items. There may be a delay of up to 10 seconds for these events to appear in Pathfinder.
To reload the Pathfinder app
- Click the reload icon at the top of the apps panel.
Any additional articles or posts the customer has viewed, or searches they have performed, appear in the app.
Including website events using the Web Widget
The Web Widget is a way to embed Zendesk Support features, including knowledge base, chat, or suggesting relevant articles in your website. It keeps track of customer events made via the Web Widget, as well as the web pages your customer views. Web Widget events are enabled in the Pathfinder app for all users who have both products installed.
However, even if you do not want to use the Web Widget, you can still include customer visits to pages on your website. You can do this by adding the Web Widget to your website, but hiding it from your customers. This allows you to track your customers' movements on your website without displaying the Web Widget to them.
For information on adding the Web Widget, and configuring it in this way, see the following sections in the article Using the Web Widget to embed customer service in your website: