You can receive support requests at an Outlook email account, and forward it to your Zendesk email address.
If you're using another email client, see Forwarding your incoming support email to Zendesk.
Forwarding email from Outlook.com
Zendesk Support cannot guarantee performance if Outlook.com is not functioning correctly.
To forward email to Zendesk using Outlook.com
- Log in to Outlook.com using the support address you'd like to setup forwarding for.
- Hover over the Gear icon in the upper right hand corner, and click Options.
- Under Mail > Accounts, click Forwarding.
- Click Start Forwarding, then enter your Zendesk support email address (email@example.com).
- Click Save.
You also need to add your external email address as a support address in Zendesk. See Adding support addresses for users to submit tickets. When you add your support address, your email will be verified and you'll know whether you've set up email forwarding properly.
Optionally, you can edit or create an SPF record to verify that Zendesk can send email on behalf of your email server. See Setting up SPF for Zendesk to send email on behalf of your email domain.
If these steps aren't working, or you're seeing something different in your email account, please refer to Microsoft's email forwarding documentation.
To forward email to Zendesk using Outlook hooked in to an Exchange server, you can set up a redirect rule. To do so, follow the instructions in Microsoft Outlook: Automatically forward my messages to another e-mail account.
- Create a Contact in Active Directory called Zendesk Support with the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Enable forwarding on email@example.com in the user properties in Active Directory.
For detailed instructions, refer to How to configure a mailbox to forward mail to a mail-enabled contact.