You can receive support requests at a Gmail or Google Apps account, and forward it to your Zendesk email address.
If you're using another email client, see Forwarding your incoming support email to Zendesk.
Optionally, you can edit or create an SPF record to verify that Zendesk can send email on behalf of your email server. See Setting up SPF for Zendesk to send email on behalf of your email domain.
- Log in to Gmail using the support address you'd like to setup forwarding for.
- Click the Gear icon in the upper right hand corner, and click Settings.
- Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
- Click the Add a forwarding address button, and enter your Zendesk support email address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- In the confirmation pop-up window, click Proceed. Another pop-up will inform you that: A confirmation code has been sent to email@example.com to verify permission.
- Log in to your Zendesk account, and click the Views icon () in the sidebar to open the Views list.
- Open the view All unsolved tickets. You should see a ticket with Gmail Forwarding Confirmation in the subject line. If you do not see the ticket in All unsolved tickets, check the Suspended tickets view as well.
- Open the ticket and copy the Confirmation code, then go back to Gmail and paste the code in the new box under Forwarding:
- Click the Verify button.
- Click the new option, Forward a copy of incoming mail to and then Save Changes.
- If setup properly, you should see a notice on the Gmail top bar "You are forwarding your email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This notice will end in 7 days."
- Go back to your Zendesk. Click the Admin icon () on the sidebar, then click Channels > Email.
- Click add address and add your new forwarding Gmail address and a name for it.
If these steps aren't working, or you're seeing something different in your email account, please refer to Google's email forwarding documentation.