This article covers the following topics related to customer billing:
Invoicing and downloading invoices
How do I find an invoice?
All account owners are able to access their invoices through their Zendesk portal under Settings > Account > Address and Invoices, then click to open your billing address and invoice details.
If you don’t see this option, it means that you are not the owner of this account.
If you are an agent who has access to the account, you can access it by clicking the Admin icon () in the sidebar, and going to Manage > People. You should see look all of the agents on the account - the owner's profile will indicate that they are the owner.
How do I download an invoice?
- Owners: All account owners can access their invoices through Zendesk Support under Settings > Account > Address and Invoices.
Note: Only the account owner can access and download invoices.
- Non-owner: If you are an administrator, agent, or another individual (say, an accountant without the access to the Zendesk portal), please reach out to the account owner.
Unsure of your role? You can check it by clicking the Admin icon () in the sidebar, and going to Manage > Agents.
How do I change the address on an invoice?
View your organization's address under Settings > Account > Address and Invoices, then click Change next to Sold-to address.
Any information you change on this page will appear on all invoices moving forward, but will not update any invoices issued before the update.
I'm the account owner. How do I access invoices?
You can download all recent invoices by selecting Settings > Account > Address and Invoices tab in the Support interface.
I'm not the account owner. How do I access an invoice from someone else's account?
Please reach out to the account owner. They are the only ones who can access the invoices.
Using the billing contact list (receiving invoices)
How do I manage the billing contact list?
The account owner can edit the list of who receives invoices by navigating to Settings > Account > Address and Invoices. Users other than the account owner who receive invoices are listed in the Additional recipients section.
To add someone to the contact list, click Add new.
How can I be removed from the billing contact list?
Contact your account owner to remove you from the billing contact list as described above.
Managing payment and currency
If you are experiencing issues with your credit card, please refer to the article Resolving issues when your credit card fails.
How do I change my credit card information?
If you are an account owner, and you would like to change credit card details, go to the Subscription section. Locate Payment method on file and click Change.
If you are not an account owner, and you want to change credit card details, please contact the account owner. If the account owner is no longer available, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
My payment was declined. Now what?
If your credit card failed, please make sure update it. Our payment gateway will automatically attempt to re-charge your account in the next batch.
How do I change the payment currency on my account?
When you are opening an account with Zendesk, your subscription page will show your payment currency. At the moment, we are offering three types of currency: USD, EUR, and GBP.
If you have a paid account using credit card payment, you cannot change your currency.
If you have a managed account and you need to change the payment currency, please reach out to your account executive, or contact email@example.com.
If you are paying by credit card and you have received an email saying that your payment has been declined, please make sure to have your credit card details updated to prevent account suspension.
How soon will my account be suspended?
For credit card customers, the following time-frame applies for past due payments:
- First email (Renewal Date): the system attempts and fails to process a payment. An email will be sent.
- Second email (Renewal Date +2 days): the system attempts and fails to process a payment. An email will be sent.
- Third email (Renewal Date +4 days): the system attempts and fails to process a payment. An email will be sent and agents will see pop up in the portal.
- Suspension warning (Renewal Date +21 days): the system fails to process a payment. An email will be sent warning of pending account suspension and agents continue to see pop up in the portal.
- Account suspension (Renewal Date + 22 days): limited Zendesk portal functionality. Talk accounts will also be suspended. All Insights reports and dashboards will be deleted.Any Zendesk provisioned SSL certificates will be removed.
- Account cancellation (Renewal Date + 29 days): no access to Zendesk portal. Insights reports and dashboards can no longer be recovered. Please submit request to firstname.lastname@example.org for temporary (limited access) account reactivation to allow your account owner to update that payment method.
90 days from suspension date, data is deleted and reactivation is not possible. Please refer to Zendesk's Data Deletion Policy.
For manual invoice customers:
Email reminders are sent to the primary billing contact when invoices are 15, 30, 45, 60, and 65 days past due.
When an invoice reaches 30 days past due, FinanceOps emails all billing contacts, the account owner, the sales representative, and the AR team.
The account is suspended after 65 days if no payment is received
How do I reactivate my account?
If your credit card failed, your account owner should login and update this. Once updated, our payment gateway will automatically attempt to re-charge your account in the next batch. Upon successful payment, a confirmation email will be sent to all listed billing contacts.