Management permissions define editing and publishing rights for a user segment of agents. You apply management permissions to an article to determine agent editing and publishing rights for that article. The following options are available, but vary according to plan:
- Managers enables only Guide admins to edit and publish the article. This option is selected by default on new articles.
- Editors and publishers (Enterprise only) enables all agents and admins to edit this article but only admins can publish the article. This option appears only if it's been activated.
- Custom management permission (Professional and Enterprise) enables specific user segments to edit and publish the article.
Depending on your account, you might also have an Agents and managers management permission pre-generated for you.
You apply permissions at the article level, not the section level. Guide admins can apply any management permissions to an article. Agents can apply only the management permissions they belong to.
Management restrictions do not apply to Guide admins. Admins can edit and publish all knowledge base content, regardless of the management permissions.
- In Help Center, navigate to the article where you want
permissions, then click Edit article in the top menu
Alternatively, in Guide, click the Manage articles () icon in the sidebar, then select an article from an article list to open it in edit mode.
Enterprise only) Click Article settings at the bottom of the sidebar.
- Under Managed By, click the drop-down arrow, then select
to determine which agents have editing and publishing rights for this
Options vary according to your plan type. On Guide Professional and Enterprise, you can choose a pre-built option or a custom management permission (see Creating management permissions to define agent editing and publishing rights).Guide admins can apply any management permissions. Agents with management permissions can apply only the management permissions they belong to. Agents who do not have management permissions on the article cannot change this option.Note: On Guide Enterprise, agents must have publish permissions on this article to change management permissions for the article. Agents with only edit permissions on this article cannot change the management permissions.
- Click Save.