You notice an end user in your Zendesk Support whom you do not recognize. What are some ways that user could have been created?
There are a few ways an end user profile can be created in Zendesk Support:
- By signing up on your Help Center.
- By submitting a ticket to your Zendesk Support account.
- When an agent manually adds them.
- Via your user credential database, if you have SSO enabled.
To help find the source of your user's creation, you may want to check:
- Your Suspended Queue, where the user's ticket may have been flagged.
- The user's requested tickets in their user profile, to spot their initial request.
- With your agents, to ask if the user was manually created.
- Your SSO tool or database, to see if the user was recently added.
If you still can't identify how a user was created, please submit a ticket to firstname.lastname@example.org for further investigation. In the meantime, please do not delete the user (though you may suspend access if needed).