You notice an end-user in your Zendesk Support whom you do not recognize. What are some ways that user could have been created?
There are a few ways an end-user profile can be created in Zendesk Support:
- By signing up on your Help Center.
- By submitting a ticket to your Zendesk Support account.
- When an agent manually adds them.
- Via your user credential database, if you have SSO enabled.
To help find the source of your user's creation, you may want to check:
- Your Suspended Queue, where the user's ticket may have been flagged.
- The user's requested tickets in their user profile, to spot their initial request.
- With your agents, to ask if the user was manually created.
- Your SSO tool or database, to see if the user was recently added.
If you still can't identify how a user was created, please submit a ticket to firstname.lastname@example.org for further investigation. In the meantime, please do not delete the user (though you may suspend access if needed).
For more information on creating end users, see Adding and managing end-users.