Disclaimer: This article is provided for instructional purposes only. Zendesk does not support or guarantee custom reports. Please post any issues you have in the comments section or try searching for a solution online.
Which user attribute should I use for my Insights report?
It depends on your reporting goals. Insights has four different attributes for a user, based on their relationship to the ticket:
- Ticket Submitter: This is the person who created the ticket, regardless of the requester or assignee.
- User: When you are looking at ticket data, the User is the requester.
- Ticket Assignee: The current assignee on the ticket.
- Ticket Assignee (Historic): The assignee at the start of a particular update. For more information, check out this article: What are the Historic attributes?
- Updater: The user/automation that actually submitted any given ticket update.