How can I transfer ownership of my Support account?
There are two main options for you to change ownership of your Support account.
- If the current owner is available
- If the current owner is no longer with your company or not available
If the current owner is available:
1. The owner can make the swap to another existing admin on their account by selecting Admin icon () > Settings > Account > Owner > Account owner. They will then have the option to select a new owner from the drop-down list of admins.
2. If the user, that is going to be the new owner of your account, is not yet an admin or agent on the account, the current owner can easily add them first and then make the swap. For more information on how to do this, see Adding agents and administrators.
3. If you are looking to add a new user as the account owner and all of your agent seats are in use, the current owner can edit their user profile to make the changeover.
- Navigate to their user profile and add the user's email that they desire to be the new owner as a second address to the profile.
- Assign the new address as the primary email address.
- Delete the previous email address from the profile.
After the swap has been made, the new owner can reset their password as needed from there. If you wish to forego changing the email address of the current owner profile, you can submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can assist with adding a temporary agent seat to your account to create a new user profile.
If the current owner is no longer with your company or not available:
If the current owner is no longer with your company or not available, we can change ownership of the account for you following a quick security measure. You will need to submit a written request to email@example.com, in the form of a PDF, including:
- The account subdomain
- The name and email address of the previous account owner
- The name and email address of the new account owner
- The last four digits of the credit card number on file
- The billing address of the credit card on file
The information should be in a letter on your company letterhead, signed by a manager at your organization. If your company doesn't have letterhead, please be sure to include your company's mailing address and phone number in the letter. You'll find a PDF template attached to this article for your convenience.
If you are trying to submit a request to change ownership of your account and are unsure who the listed owner is, any agent who has access to the account can go to Admin icon () > Manage > People to look at all of the agents on the account - the owner's profile indicates that they are the owner.
If you are having trouble accessing the account at all, but know an email address that it is associated with and have access to that email account, you can trigger a password reset email by going to SUBDOMAIN.zendesk.com/access/help.