What options are available for transferring ownership of a Support account?
There are three different options depending on your current situation or what you feel is easiest for you to achieve.
If the current owner is still available:
1. The owner can make the swap to another existing admin on their account by navigating to Admin > Settings > Accounts > Invoices > Account owner > Select new owner from the drop down list of admins > Save tab. If the admin doesn't exist yet, the owner can easily add them first and then make the swap.
2. If there are not enough agent seats to make a clean owner swap using option one, the owner can edit their user profile to make the change over.
- Navigate to user profile and add new owner's email address as a second address to the profile.
- Assign new address as the primary email address
- Delete the previous email address from profile
After the swap has been made, the new owner can reset their password as needed from there.
If the current owner is no longer available:
3. If the current owner is no longer available, we can make the change for you following a quick security measure. Please send in a written request to email@example.com including:
- The account subdomain
- The name and email address of the previous account owner
- The name and email address of the new account owner
- The last four digits of the credit card number on file
- The billing address of the credit card on file
Please include the above information in a letter on your company letterhead, signed by a manager at your organization. If your company doesn't have letterhead, please be sure to include your company's mailing address and phone number in the letter. Also please note, the request needs to come from an email address in the company's domain. You'll a find PDF template attached to this article for your convenience
If you don't know the owner, any agent who has access to the account can go to Admin > Manage > People to look at all of the agents on the account - the owner's profile will indicate that they are the owner.
If you are having trouble accessing the account at all, but know an email address that it is associated with and have access to that email account, you can trigger a password reset email by going to SUBDOMAIN.zendesk.com/access/help.
You will need to attach an electronic copy of the letter to this ticket. Unfortunately, we cannot accept faxes.
To learn more about managing users, click here.