When troubleshooting performance issues, our customer service team sometimes need to gain additional information about the path your browser takes to get to your Zendesk Support instance (https://subdomain.zendesk.com). We may ask you to generate a traceroute to your Zendesk Support instance as well as to https://www.google.com/ while this issue is occurring. We will use and compare both traceroutes to further analyze the performance issue.
Below are some instructions about how you can generate a traceroute.
- Open the command line by pressing and holding the Windows key and R. Once the Run window opens, type in CMD and press Enter.
- Type “tracert subdomain.zendesk.com”.
- Press Enter.
- Copy the results of the traceroute to send to us.
- Repeat steps 2-4 with "tracert google.com.
- Click Enter.
- Copy the results of the traceroute.
- Send us the results of both traceroutes labeled appropriately.
- Open the Macintosh hard drive.
- Click Terminal.
- Type subdomain (https://subdomain.zendesk.com).
- Repeat steps 3-4 from hostgator.com.