When creating a CSV (comma separated values) file to bulk-upload users into your Zendesk Support account, you have the ability to specify custom roles in the CSV.
- You must be on the Enterprise plan, which supports custom roles
- You must have a program (such as Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets) that allows you to export your data in CSV format and save it using UFT-8 character encoding
- The first row of the CSV file must be a header row.
- Create an Excel or Google Sheets document, with the first row containing at least the following headers: Name, Email, Role, Restriction
- Bulk importing users and organizations goes over additional column options for you to include as headers
- Fill out the document with all of the users you'd like to import/update.
- Under the "Restriction" column, if there is a custom role you'd like to specify, identify the role. For example, if you'd like to import Light Agents, you would import them as "Agent" under Role and "Light Agent" under Restrictions.
- Once the file is complete, export your document in CSV format. Follow steps outlined here to import the document.
For more tips on assigning roles upon user upload, check out this article.