How do email notifications get generated within my Zendesk Support account? Are emails sent as soon as I submit a ticket?
All email notifications are generated by triggers within your account. If you have no active triggers, then no notifications will be generated. By default, Zendesk includes triggers to send out notifications to your end users for the following events.
- When their new request is received.
- When an agent submits a public comment.
The default triggers will also notify agents for the following events.
- When a new request is received.
- When the agent is assigned a ticket.
- When a request is assigned to an agent's groups.
- When an end user submits a comment to an assigned ticket.