The Zendesk Support mobile notification service allows you to configure your notification preferences. When a Zendesk event occurs, a mobile push notification is sent based on the event type, user settings, and registered devices.
You can update the Notifications list by pulling from the top of the screen.
This article includes the following topics:
You can configure the type and frequency of the notifications displayed on your Notifications screen, by updating items on Settings screen of the app.
To configure your notifications
- iOS users: Tap the Settings icon () in the toolbar to open the Settings screen.
Android users: Open the left navigation menu, then tap the Settings icon () to open the Settings screen.
- Tap the toggle buttons to turn on the notification types as needed:
Option You'll receive a notification when... Enable notifications (Android only) ...if On, in alignment with the options below.
...if Off, you will not receive any notifications.
All new tickets ...a new ticket is created for the subdomain you are logged into via the mobile app. Tickets assigned to me ...a ticket is assigned to you.
...a ticket that is assigned to you has a new comment.
Tickets I'm a CC on ...you are added as a CC to a ticket.
...a ticket that you are CC’d on has a new comment.
...a ticket is assigned to one of your groups....a ticket that is assigned to one of your groups has a new comment.
- iOS users: Tap the options to select a notification frequency.
Android users: Tap Notification Frequency, then select a frequency option.
Option You'll receive a notification when... Always ...your phone is on and has a network connection. During specific hours ...Only on the days and times of day specified
If you select During specific hours, the Specify hours screen opens. Use the options to set a schedule for your notifications:
- Tap the check mark at the top-right of the screen to save the changes.
When you receive a notification, you can be alerted in a number of ways:
...A push notification appears on your home screen:
To view the ticket related to the notification
- Tap the notification. The app opens, and the ticket is displayed.
...A number appears on the app icon on your home screen (iOS):
To view the notifications
- Tap the icon to open the app.
- Tap the Notifications icon in the bottom toolbar.
...A red dot appears on the Notifications icon in the mobile app (iOS):
...A badge count appears on the Notifications line in the left navigation menu (Android):
To view the notifications
- Tap the Notifications icon in the bottom toolbar (iOS), or in the left navigation menu (Android).
Notifications are listed, newest first, on the Notifications screen.
To view the ticket associated with a notification
- Tap the notification to open the ticket.
To mark all notifications for a ticket as read
- Tap the double checkmark in the top-right corner of the screen.
Individual notifications are marked as read in any of the following ways:
- Tap the push notification
- Tap the notification in the Notification feed
- View the ticket in the mobile app or via the desktop