Sometimes, when updates a ticket the following error message appears:
Ticket #____ not saved. A change was made to this ticket as your update was being saved. Try again.
There are several reasons which can cause this error to occur. See below for some of the most common causes.
- While working on tickets, agent collision issues can cause this error. See the article How can I troubleshoot agent collision issues? to prevent this.
- An API call updates the ticket at the same time the agent Submits the ticket.
- An installed app made an update to the ticket at the same time as you.
- If a trigger or automation runs while an agent updates the ticket, this causes the error to occur preventing changes made to the ticket by the agent from being saved.
- When agents are on a call, if the agent Submits the ticket before the call recording is appended to the ticket, this causes the error to occur. Changes to the ticket won't be saved.
- If an agent Submits the ticket while a chat transcript is appended to the ticket, this prevents changes from being saved to ticket causing the error.
If you continually experience this issue, wait 10 seconds before submitting your update again. If you continually experience this issue: