How do I cancel my Zendesk Chat (formerly known as Zopim) subscription?
This depends on how your Chat account was created and how it is integrated with Support. There are four versions of Chat accounts:
- Legacy Zendesk Chat, a chat-only version, created on zopim.com.
- Legacy Zendesk Chat + Support, an integrated Chat-Support account, created on zopim.com.
- Zendesk Chat Phase 3, an integrated account, for Zendesk Support customers who signed up for Chat from within Support.
- Zendesk Chat Phase 4, Chat-only or Chat + Support.
If you have issues determining your Zendesk Chat account version, see About Zendesk Chat account types.
Legacy Zendesk Chat and Legacy Zendesk Chat + Support
- Log into your account at https://account.zopim.com/account/. (If you do not remember your login, you just need your email address and can use the Forgot password? link.)
- In the Overview tab, click the Cancel my Account button at the bottom of the page.
- That's it! We are sorry to see you go and wish you and your team all the best.
Zendesk Chat Phase 3
- Log into your Zendesk Support account at https://<myaccount>.zendesk.com, where <myaccount> is replaced with your own subdomain.
- Open Admin > Settings > Subscription.
- Click the Adjust plan button.
- Change the plan of Chat to Lite to downgrade the subscription to the free plan.
- Save the changes.
If you need the Chat account to be completely cancelled, create a ticket with the Customer Advocacy team and we'll be able to assist.
Zendesk Chat Phase 4
- Log into your Chat account at https://<myaccount>.zendesk.com/chat, where <myaccount> is replaced with your own subdomain.
- Open Settings > Account > Subscription and select the Account Management link at the bottom. This will take you to the Admin Center.
- Click Yes, cancel my account and then Yes, delete everything.
I don't see these options
In both cases, the action can only be taken by the Account Owner as they are the only admin with permissions to edit the subscription of an account. Alternatively if you are going to dashboard.zopim.com, to log into your Chat account, you will need to click Settings > Accounts > click the Account Management button that appears above Change plan to cancel your account there.
If you have a managed account in either case, you'll need to reach out to your Account Manager within Zendesk to update the subscription and cancel Chat. If you're not sure who they are, feel free to create a ticket with Advocacy and we'll be glad to route your request to the right person.