This article covers the following topics related to Zendesk Talk customer billing:
- Purchasing a Zendesk Talk plan
- Purchasing phone numbers and minutes
- Adding Zendesk Talk agent seats
Purchasing a Zendesk Talk plan
How are Zendesk Talk plans priced?
You can find information on pricing for each Zendesk Talk plan on the Zendesk Talk pricing page.
Can I purchase different Zendesk Support and Talk plans?
You must have a Zendesk Support plan to purchase Zendesk Talk; however, you can purchase any Talk plan regardless of your Zendesk Support plan. Note that if you are on the Zendesk Support Starter or Essential plan, you are limited to one phone number and do not have access to group routing, IVR, or triggers for automated text messages. For more information, see our Zendesk Talk plan comparison page.
Can I move to a different Zendesk Talk plan?
Yes. If you are paying month-to-month, you can switch plans before the next billing period. If you are on an annual plan for Talk Professional and would like to move to Talk Team, contact our Customer Service team at email@example.com.
Purchasing phone numbers and minutes
How are phone numbers priced?
The price of a phone number depends upon the country from where it was purchased. For example local numbers from US and Canada will incur a monthly cost of $1, while toll-free will cost $2. For a full list of prices by country, see Zendesk talk number availability and pricing.
If you were trialing Zendesk, a number would have already been assigned to you. If you do not want a Talk number and/or want to avoid this charge, you’ll need to remove your phone number, post-trial, to avoid this charge.
To learn more about managing general settings for Zendesk Talk numbers, including deleting a number or recovering a number, see Managing Zendesk Talk numbers.
How are minutes priced?
Minutes vary based on the call type (inbound, outbound, voicemail), region, and if the call was answered in browser or forwarded to phone. You can find an individual call cost breakdown in the History tab under Admin () > Channels > Talk.
If you purchase minutes in bulk, you might be eligible for a discount. See Zendesk talk number availability and pricing.
How can I pay for minutes?
- Pay-as-you-go: If you use a credit card to pay for Zendesk, you pay for any usage fees, including minutes, phone numbers, and voicemail transcription fees as part of your monthly bill at the end of the cycle.
- Pre-purchased in bulk: If you pay for your Zendesk via invoice, you must pre-purchase usage credit ahead of time. These credits expire after a year. You can track your available credit in the History tab, under Admin () > Channels > Talk. Your account will be automatically recharged and an invoice will be generated when credit availability is less than 5% of the recharge amount or $5, whichever is greater. Minutes will be applied to your account when the invoice is issued, not paid, so you don’t have to worry about running out of credit.
Adding Talk agent seats
Do I need to purchase a Zendesk Talk/Text seat for every agent on my Zendesk Support?
No. You do not need to have the same number of Zendesk Talk or Text and Zendesk Support agent seats. However, every agent that takes inbound or makes outbound calls will need a Zendesk Talk agent seat.
Do my Talk/Text agent seats also apply to Talk Partner Edition?
No. You will need to purchase separate seats for agents handling calls in Zendesk Talk or Text, and agents handling calls through your TPE integration.
Does Zendesk Talk offer concurrent (pooled) agent licensing?
No. Zendesk Talk is only available with named agent licensing, meaning the agent seats you purchase will be given to designated agents. Concurrent agent licensing would create difficulties for reporting on individual agent performance.