With Team Publishing, you can set up a workflow for new content collaboration or approval. A content author can create a new article as a work in progress, then, when ready, submit the article for reivew. Articles that are ready for review go into in a queue that reviewers can monitor, if they have permission. Articles can also be assigned to a specific person for review. To create a work in progress version of an existing, published article, see Staging content updates for an existing article for review.
You must have Guide Enterprise to use Team Publising workflow features.
Creating a work in progress article
You can create a new article and save it for publishing later. When a new article is saved, it becomes a work in progress article.
To create a work in progress article
- Click Add in the top menu bar, then select Article.
- Enter your content in the article body.
- Under Publish in section in the right panel, select a section for the article.
- Click Save.
The article becomes a work in progress when you save and is added to the Work in progress list.
Be sure to note the URL for your work in progress article. If you're not a Guide Manager, you'll need the URL to get back to the article. If you're a Guide Manager you can view a list of all work in progress content.
- If you want to preview the staged article, click Preview in the right panel.
The preview link expires after one hour. The preview can be viewed by anyone who has the link.
- Continue to work on the article as needed.
- When you are ready, you can publish the article, if you have permission, or you can submit the article for review.
Submitting a work in progress article for review
When you're ready, you can submit your work in progress article for review. You can also assign the article to a specific person for review, if you'd like.
- In Guide, click Manage articles () in the sidebar, then select Work in progress and open your article from the list.
If you're not a Guide Manager, you'll need the URL to access the work in progress article.
- Complete any work on the article, then click Save.
- When your article is ready, click the drop-down arrow on the Save button, then select Submit for review.
The article status changes from work in progress to ready for review, and the article is added to the Ready for review list.
Be sure to note the URL for the article. If you're not a Guide Manager, you'll need the URL to get back to the article. If you're a Guide Manager you can view a list of all content that is ready for review.
- If you'd like, you can assign the article to a specific person (see Assigning or reassigning articles with Team Publishing).