We're excited to announce a new integration between Zendesk Support and Slack. Zendesk and Slack have been collaborating on this product to deliver the best experience to our shared customers.
- Create tickets and add internal notes in seconds with Slack Actions
- Get real-time notifications on new and updated tickets delivered to any Slack channel, to make sure the broader team is connected to important customer issues
- Simplified installation for your entire Slack workspace
For information on the new integration and to install it, see the following articles:
- Understanding and installing the Slack for Zendesk Support integration
- Using the Slack for Zendesk integration
- Ticket notifications in Slack. Slack users can see information about Zendesk Support ticket events in specified Slack channels. High-level ticket information is displayed (subject, description, priority, assignee, requester, and creation time).
- Channel configuration. Slack admins can map Zendesk Support groups to Slack channels. This allows tickets to be routed to the right channel. Additionally, it is possible to choose the specific ticket event types to display in Slack, reducing noise and letting admins prevent sensitive data from being posted in Slack.
- Creating new tickets directly from Slack. This feature is designed to cater to an internal use case where Slack users want to raise a new Support ticket directly from Slack, which they can do using a message action or slash command.
- Commenting on existing tickets. Users can add an internal note on existing tickets from Slack using a message action.
- Simple installation. The new integration’s installation process is much simpler than the previous integration (built by Slack). Only a single authentication to Zendesk Support is required.