If you have the Collaboration add-on, administrators can enable or disable side conversations. Side conversations are off by default even if you have the add-on.
- Using side conversations in tickets (add-on)
- Setting up triggers for side conversations
- About add-ons (Professional and Enterprise)
- Understanding and setting light agent permissions (Professional Add-on and Enterprise Add-on)
- Using Slack in side conversations
- Understanding and installing the Slack for Zendesk Support integration
To enable and disable side conversations
- Click the Admin icon () in the sidebar, scroll down down to the Settings section, and then click Tickets.
- At the top, make sure you are on the Settings tab and then scroll down to the Side conversations section.
- Select Enable email to make side conversations available from email.
For information about using side conversations with email, see Using side converstions in tickets (add-on).
- If desired, select Enable slack to make side conversations available from Slack.
In order to use side conversations with Slack, you must also have the latest version of the Slack for Zendesk Support app. For information about using side conversations with Slack, see Using Slack in side conversations.
We recommend setting up trigger conditions for side conversations in order to fully integrate them into your workflows and to keep agents on top of the activity within them. For more information about why it’s a good idea to use trigger conditions with side conversations, see Setting up trigger conditions for side conversations.
Support addresses used to send side conversations
Side conversation notifications are sent from the support address associated with the ticket that the side conversation is on (for example, email@example.com). If you have multiple brands and support addresses, side conversation notifications come from each of your support addresses (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you have internal email routing rules (for example, in Microsoft Exchange), we recommend that you include references to each of your unique support addresses. Otherwise, email notification for side conversations will not be routed correctly. Check your allowlists and blocklists.