I have tags set to be synchronized between two accounts via a ticket-sharing agreement. I noticed some tags have disappeared from the ticket, but I don't see them ever appearing in the other account. Why would this be?
This can happen due to triggers firing as the result of a shared-ticket update. Here's how that can happen:
- Ticket-sharing agreement exists between Zendesk A and Zendesk B and tags are synchronized.
- Ticket is shared between the two (either account could be the original source of the ticket)
- Ticket is modified in Zendesk A.
- Those modifications make changes to the shared ticket in Zendesk B.
- During the event from step 4, a trigger fires in Zendesk B which manipulates tags in some way (adding/removing).
- Because the tags were added during a sharing-action, those tags are not sent back to Zendesk A.
- Subsequent updates are made in Zendesk A and the ticket as it exists in Zendesk A is sent over, replacing the tags in Zendesk B with the tags from Zendesk A.
How can this issue be avoided?
- Add tags only when ticket is updated directly, not as a result of ticket-sharing
- Update tickets in the receiving system via an automation rather than a trigger, which will avoid the sharing-event-collision.
- Add the tags on the side of the sharer, rather than the receiving side (or in addition to it).