- A user's name changes to an undesired name or string either on its own or when the user logs into Zendesk.
- The user may change their name themselves after logging in, or another agent or administrator may change the name, but the original value will overwrite the change.
- No one is manually resetting the name to the wrong value, this is done automatically.
- The affected user is signing into Support via SSO (single sign-on)
- The agent's name (in Zendesk) resets to the same value as established via SSO
- The account installed the Salesforce integration
- The Zendesk for Salesforce integration has User/Contact or User/Lead sync set-up
- The agent's name resets to the Salesforce value.
This is happening because your SSO method or Salesforce Integration is overwriting your current user name.
With SSO, all user management and authentication happens outside of your Zendesk.
- If you want this behavior to stop, either update your user name within the product you're using SSO to log into Zendesk from or stop using SSO to log into Zendesk.
With Salesforce, setting up the User/Contact or User/Lead syncing in Salesforce allows the integration to update user information every time the Contact or Lead profile is updated in Salesforce.
- If you want this behavior to stop, either update the user name in Salesforce or turn off the user syncing in the Zendesk for Salesforce integration.
For more information, see the article: Viewing your user profile in Zendesk Support.