How do I troubleshoot issues with my Facebook channel?
This article covers the below issues.
- Zendesk cannot connect with your Facebook Page because the channel has been deauthorized
- Facebook posts or messages are not converted to tickets because the poster disabled access by 3rd-party apps
- I can't set up a Facebook channel in Zendesk
Zendesk cannot connect with your Facebook Page because the channel was deauthorized
Zendesk constantly monitors your Facebook pages for new posts, messages, and comments. If Zendesk cannot connect with your Facebook Page, it will send an email notification to all admins on your account.
If you receive notification that your Facebook channel has become deauthorized, you need to reauthorize the affected page from within your Zendesk. To do so, go to Admin () > Channels > Facebook, and select Reauthorize beside the Facebook page in question.
- The admin who has authorized the Facebook page revoked their Facebook session. This can happen when the admin changes their password or chooses the option Log out of a device after a password change.
- The admin who added the page removed permissions for the Zendesk Facebook app to manage your pages or access your Facebook Page messages.
- Zendesk receives a consistent response from Facebook indicating that Zendesk isn't authorized to access the page's content. This should only happen due to an error in Facebook’s platform.
- You have not granted Zendesk management access to your account.
For more information, see the article: Setting up your Facebook channel (standard agent interface).
Facebook posts or messages are not converted to tickets because the poster disabled access by 3rd-party apps
If a Facebook user has disabled the apps setting to allow third-party applications to access their Facebook data, their posts on monitored Facebook pages will not be available to Zendesk through the Facebook API. Posts by these users will not be converted to Zendesk tickets.
Direct Messages will create tickets but the requester's name will show as Facebook User rather than their profile's actual name. Agent replies on the ticket will not go through to the requester and need to be sent directly on Facebook, and you should see the warning below appear in the ticket.
For more details, view the events of the ticket.
I can't set up a Facebook channel in Zendesk
You may not have the proper role permissions to perform this task, either within Zendesk or Facebook.
- The person setting up the integration within Zendesk needs to be an admin in the Zendesk account. For more information, see the article: Understanding Zendesk Support user roles.
- The Facebook credentials used to authorize the page need to belong to either an admin or editor of the page being added. For more information, see this article from the Facebook Help Center: How do I see what my role is on a Facebook Page?