From the Zendesk Support sidebar, you can create a requester record as a contact or lead in Salesforce. This is especially helpful when you have enabled ongoing sync for contact or lead as the changes in the fields of the corresponding record in Salesforce can be sent to Support.
This article includes the following sections:
- Zendesk for Salesforce v5.8.1 or higher must be installed in the Salesforce organization
- Lead and Contact objects must be added in the Salesforce sidebar app configuration:
Creating the requester as a contact or lead in Salesforce
The requester creation form is at the top of the sidebar app:
Note that the form will NOT show if there is already a matching contact or lead record displaying at your sidebar app.
To create the record
- Choose the type of record you wish the requester to be created as:
- Click Create. A "success" message will appear if the record is successfully created. If not, one the following issues may be the culprit:
- An older version of Zendesk for Salesforce app (< 5.8.1) is installed in your Salesforce organization.
- A lead or contact record that matches your requester already exists in your Salesforce organization.
- Other DML-related errors (i.e., validation errors or required fields).
How the requester record is created in Salesforce
When you click the Create button as described above, the sidebar app sends the ticket requester information to our custom Salesforce API endpoint, which is in our Salesforce managed package (starting version 5.8.1).
The managed package will first check if the requester already exist in Salesforce. How it will determine if a record already exist depends on how you set up your auto-matching settings for contact or lead. If it detects that a record is already present or some other DML-related issues occur, an error will be shown from the sidebar that the requester creation was unsuccessful. Details of the error/s can be found in our app’s logs page.
On the other hand, if the record is successfully created, a success message will show. The newly created record will be displayed in the sidebar record list view and the creation form will no longer be visible.