Why am I getting the message Zendesk Chat is not enabled for you when launching the Chat dashboard?
This message appears when Chat is not enabled for your user profile. An admin can manage which agents have access to Chat, but how they do so depends on which version of Chat you use.
If you're not sure which version your account is, see the article: Determining your Zendesk Chat account version.
For Legacy Zendesk Chat + Support
To enable the Chat on your own profile
- From the Support dashboard, click on your Avatar on the top-right corner of the page and then select View Profile.
- On the left panel, toggle on Zendesk Chat.
To enable the Chat for other users
- Click Admin () > People, then enter the name or email of the agent you have in mind. Open their profile.
- Toggle on Zendesk Chat as shown above.
For Zendesk Chat Phase 3 and Zendesk Chat Phase 4 accounts
To enable the Chat for any other agent
- Click Admin () > People, then search for the agent you have in mind by name or email. Open their profile.
- On the left panel, next to Role, click Manage in Admin Center.
- A new window opens, under Products and roles. Check the box to Enabled to grant access to this user.
- Select if you want to set the user as an Admin or Agent in Chat, then Save.