How can I split up the message my trigger sends, into separate lines, so it's not just one big block of text sent together?
To split up the text of your trigger's message you have two options:
1. Add individual actions for each section of the message that you want to have sent separately - You can add a 'Wait' condition in between each action to make it look more like the messages are being typed, rather than automatically sent.
2. You can use the developer view of your trigger to separate the text of your trigger message into different lines - Please note that this is an unsupported workflow.
First, you need to be using Simple Lines as your chat Message Style and you must be an admin/owner to make the following changes.
To check/change your Message Style:
- Open the Chat dashboard and go to Settings > Widget > Appearance.
- Under Appearance, look for Message Style, select Simple Lines and then Save Changes. (using Simple Lines will change how your chats appear)
To add a new line:
- Open the Trigger where you need to separate your text into new lines.
- Right beside Visual, select the Developer view.
- Using the Developer code, look for the message where you need to add a line break.
- Use \n\n in the message line to add new line break.