Can I split up the message my Zendesk Chat trigger sends into separate lines, so it's not just one big block of text sent together?
Yes, line breaks can be added to messages sent by a trigger.
To split up the text of your trigger's message add multiple SendMessage actions for each section of the message that you want to send separately. Add a Wait condition in between each action to make it look like the messages are being typed, rather than automatically sent.
To customize your Chat trigger
- Open Chat, and go to Settings > Triggers and open the desired trigger.
- Under Perform the following actions add the actions below.
- Send message to visitor > (name) > [text from the first line]
- Wait > 10
- Send message to visitor > (name) > [text from the second line]
Wait > 10
- Repeat the actions according to the number of break lines you want.
- Click Save changes.
For more information, see Zendesk Chat triggers conditions and actions reference.