|Announced on||Development ends||Removal|
|November 6, 2018||February 5, 2019||July 8, 2019|
Zendesk is announcing the removal of our Inbox product effective July 8, 2019. If you are currently using Inbox, we recommend you migrate to our Zendesk Support product. Learn more about how to do that here.
This article covers the following topics:
- What does this mean?
- Why is Zendesk removing this?
- What do I need to do?
- What happens if I didn't migrate before the removal date?
- Who should I contact if I need help or have questions?
What does this mean?
Starting February 5, 2019, we are no longer making updates to Inbox (except for critical bug fixes), and support will be limited to efforts to migrate to our Zendesk Support product. In order to continue using Zendesk for customer service communications we recommend using our Support product which features email, social, and self-service channels and the ability to embed your customer support in your web and mobile channels.
Why is Zendesk removing this?
- We released Inbox in 2014, and over time, we’ve been able to learn more about how teams are using it.
- As part of our research, we found that teams using Inbox for email communication were also using other software to manage customer support from multiple channels.
- To allow agents to provide integrated customer support, we decided to end support for our standalone Inbox product, and help our users transition to our flagship product - Zendesk Support.
- Support offers core features for tracking, prioritizing and solving customer support tickets. While Inbox will no longer be available, customers will still be able to leverage a lot of the same functionality in our Support product.
What do I need to do?
Moving from Inbox to Support is easy using the built-in migration tool. It's important to note that your Inbox account will be converted to a Support account trial, so you won't have to do any data migration or additional setup. The Support trial account will still have your existing subdomain, users, email addresses, and conversations (which will become tickets). Once it is converted, you'll have full access to the expanded capabilities and power that Support provides, like triggers and automations, macros, and views, and you'll have 30 days to kick the tires with your live data.
Note: Migration can only be initiated by the account's Owner.
What happens if I didn't migrate before the removal date?
If you don’t migrate your account by the cutoff date, your account will be automatically converted to a Zendesk Support trial for you. Once that conversion has taken place, it will be accessible for the duration of the 30 day trial and then expire.
Who should I contact if I need help or have questions?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions.