Use this article to learn about how to activate and get started with Explore.
This article contains the following topics:
Supported web browsers
Before you start, ensure that you are using one of the web browsers that Explore supports.
Explore supports the most recent two major versions of the following web browsers:
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge
Microsoft Internet Explorer is not supported.
You open Explore in the same way as you open other Zendesk products, from the product tray in any Zendesk product:
Additionally, you can start Explore from the reporting menu in Zendesk Support:
If you don't see Explore in these locations, it means you haven't been upgraded yet. Get in touch with us to find out what you can do.
These instructions assume you are setting up Explore for the first time. This only needs to be done once for the subdomain, not for each user. If you have been upgraded from Insights, you won't see all of these pages, but the workflow is similar.
- To get started, select Explore from the Zendesk Support product tray. If this is the first time you've started Explore you'll see the following page:
- Click Try Professional for free. If you are a new user, you can enroll in a free trial of Explore Professional for 14 days. During or after this trial, you can either purchase Explore Professional or downgrade to the free version, Explore Lite. To read about the different plans for Explore, see Zendesk Explore pricing.
If you were previously an Insights user, you'll see an option to activate Explore.
You'll now see this page as Explore begins to activate and prepare your data.
- Depending on how many tickets you have, this process might take some time. If you don't want to wait, select Notify me when Explore is ready.
Once this process is complete, Explore sends an email to anyone who asked to be notified and displays a notification in Support. Explore is now activated, and ready to use.
- Now, you need to configure your user role. If you don't do this, you won't be able to view any of the pre-built dashboards. In the Zendesk Support sidebar, click the Admin icon ().
- Select Manage > People.
- Select your own user profile.
- Make sure that the Explore switch is to On.
- In the Role drop-down list, choose Admin or Editor.
Now that you've activated Explore, your agents can start working with reports. Agents are by default assigned the No access role which means that they cannot create, view, or share reports. You can change a users role from Zendesk Support. Additionally, you can change the default role for all new users from the Explore admin page. To learn more, see Adding users to Explore.
When you're ready to start working with Explore, you'll find some great information in our Getting started article.
If you have any questions, read our Zendesk Explore FAQ article.