Customers today expect a seamless omnichannel experience and today we're excited to bring that experience to the Zendesk Web Widget. The enhanced experience within the Web Widget enables your customers to seamlessly switch between starting a chat, reading a knowledge base article, and receiving a message -- all from within the widget on your website. Using this new experience, you can empower your customers to reach out to you using their preferred channel, and your support teams can be ready to take control of interactions regardless of which channel they are coming in from.
We’re excited to make the new and improved experience the default experience for your Zendesk Web Widget as of September 5th, 2019.
To make the switch to the new experience as smooth as possible for you and your teams, we strongly recommend enabling integrated Chat in advance by using the integrated Chat toggle in Widget admin*. This will allow you to ensure that everything continues to work as expected and avoid any surprises when we switch over. We also recommend these references to understand the change and make sure you are prepared:
- Preparing for the new Web Widget experience
- Feature differences: Standalone Chat and Chat in the Web Widget
Here are just a few highlights about the features and benefits of the enhanced experience within the Web Widget:
- An improved look and feel, consistent with other channels in the Web Widget.
- Visitors can seamlessly move between Chat and the Help Center, including receiving incoming Chat messages while browsing your knowledge base articles.
- Proactive chat notification support.
- Enhanced file attachment functionality and menu experience.
- Show conversation history to returning authenticated visitors for context.
- Visitors can pop out the widget to a new window for Chat, and you can now share a link that will open the widget directly to Chat.
- Support for automatic translation when your visitor and agents are speaking a different language.
- Google Analytics support for Chat specific events.
- Social login via Facebook or Google for a more personalized experience.
- Offline form including operating hours (when the Contact Form is disabled).
- Chat badge launcher option (when the widget is configured to Chat only).
For more information on how to setup and configure the widget experience, click here to learn more.
For additional questions, please leave your comments within the announcement post, or reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* The integrated Chat toggle is visible in your Widget Admin if you have a Chat account created prior to Feb 2019. The toggle will be removed shortly after September 5th, so there will no longer be an option to “opt-out” and revert to the old experience. If you signed up for Chat after 15 Feb 2019, your widget will already feature the integrated Chat experience by default, and you will not see the integrated Chat toggle.