We are happy to introduce an improved user experience for arranging categories, sections, and articles in your help center.
With the new Arrange Articles experience you can:
- View your help center in a folder-like structure, so you can easily navigate to deeper levels.
- Move sections and articles from one location to another without dropping them on the way. Drag-and-drop is, of course, still available.
- View your changes for categories, sections, and articles without leaving your work context.
- Auto-save changes as you go, so you don’t have to remember to save at the end. All changes get propagated to your help center.
Your account will be updated automatically. There’s no action needed on your part.
This article contains the following sections:
Why did we make this change?
We talked to many customers and gathered feedback so that we could make the user interface for structuring your help center as intuitive as possible. We are also introducing additional levels to the help center soon, so we needed an updated UI that could accommodate more levels.
The new experience
We introduced a brand new experience for structuring your Help Center.
Here are some of the highlights.
Folder-like structure to support additional help center levels
The new folder-like interface is much more scalable for handling deeper hierarchies, and makes the overall experience more responsive. We are soon going to introduce additional levels for help centers on Guide Enterprise.
Additional options for structuring your help center
A new options menu gives you quick access to some common actions for managing your help center structure:
- Edit makes it easier to edit your help center articles, sections, and categories from within the hierarchy.
- Move to enables you to easily move sections and articles across complex help centers, without having to perform long drag-and-drop movements. Drag-and-drop is still available for manually arranging your articles, sections, and categories.
- Send to top enables you to quickly send an article, section, or category to the top of the order.
- View in Help Center allows you to quickly see your changes in Help Center.
Drag-and-drop is still available for manually arranging the order of your articles, sections, and categories.
When will this be available in my account?
The new user interface rollout began February 4th, 2019. It should reach all accounts within one week of rollout.