Some replies from the requester are not changing a ticket status to open. What could cause this?
When a ticket's status is set to Pending, Solved, or On-hold, and an end user comments on the ticket, the ticket status changes to Open. This is part of the inborn system ticket rules. If a requester's update does not change the status to Open, it could be one of the following causes:
- A trigger is changing the status. A trigger can be updating the ticket and changing the status to Solved. Check the events of the ticket to see what triggers fired on a particular update.
- The requester is an agent. It is expected behavior that if a requester replies to a ticket, and is also an agent, the ticket stays in whichever status was selected at the time of their reply.
If the requester of the ticket is an agent, you can make the status change to Open with a trigger.
To create the trigger
- In Zendesk Support, click the Admin icon () in the sidebar, then select Business Rules > Triggers.
- Click Add trigger.
- Add the following condition under Meet ALL of the following conditions:
- Ticket Is Updated
- Requester Is (current user)
- Current user Is (agent)
- Under Actions select:
- Status Open
- Status Open
- Click Create.
Alternatively, your agents can use the Mail API to pass through the ticket status #open as they reply by email.