Is it possible to automatically reply in a ticket after a few days, to encourage someone to respond?
- Click the Admin icon () in the sidebar, then select Business Rules > Automations.
- Click on "Add automation".
- Choose a name for the automation.
- Under Meet all of the following conditions:, set up the following conditions:
- Ticket: Status > Less than > Solved
This condition makes sure only the tickets marked as either 'new', 'open or 'pending' get checked by the automation.
- Ticket: Hours since created > Greater than > 24
Hours since created starts counting from the moment the ticket has been created.
Hours since requester update makes sure the customer did not update the ticket for more than 24hrs.
Hours since assignee update makes sure the agent did not update the ticket for more than 24hrs.
- Ticket: Tags > Contains none of the following > ticket_replier
Since it notifies the customer as well, you may want to run this automation only once in a ticket, adding a tag to the ticket the first time an automation runs guarantees the same ticket won't be further updated by the same automation. This condition checks if the specified tag is present, if it is, it won't run.
Under Perform these actions, set up the following:
- Ticket: Add tags > ticket_replier
At this point, tag the ticket so the automation will not run twice
- Notifications: Email user > (requester)
Notify the customer about the ticket being taken care of.
- Notifications: Email user > (agent)
Notify the agent about the ticket not being updated for more than 24 hours.
- Ticket: Priority > High
Finally, set the ticket's priority to 'High', to get more traction on it.
We send separate notifications to the end user (requester) and the agent (assignee), as they may need to update the ticket with further details.
For more details about Automations, visit About automations and how they work.