I've got the SFDC integration set up to send custom ticket objects over to Salesforce (as described in this article, but nothing's showing up on the SFDC-side, nor are there any errors in Zendesk Support Logs in SFDC or Target Failures in Zendesk.
Here's one possible cause that's quick to check and easy to resolve!
There's an issue that can occur when the integration was initially created a while ago (earlier than mid-2018) and reconnected. In this case, the target appears to be set correctly, but has an old value set behind the scenes.
Here's how to see if this issue could be affecting your account:
- Confirm that your account is set to send custom objects within Admin > Settings > Extensions > Targets > Salesforce Target:
- Confirm that the trigger responsible for sending these ticket objects over to Salesforce is currently active and lists the Salesforce target:
(the empty "Message" section here is fine, so long as it lists the target).
- Visit - https://SUBDOMAIN.zendesk.com/api/v2/targets (replacing the word SUBDOMAIN with your own Zendesk subdomain)
note: you may want a JSON formatter extension to prettify the result so it's more readable as shown in the below images
- Find your active Salesforce Target:
- Note the value within ticket_information_mode
- If that value is "null", head back to the Target within the Admin page. Change it to Send partial ticket details as a case, then choose to Update Target (not Test) to save this setting.
Immediately re-open the target and change it back to Sent full ticket details as a custom object and update the target again.
- Check the target in the API (as shown in step 2 above) to confirm that the value now reads "ticket_information_mode": "1" (as shown in my screenshot above).
- Create/update a ticket so that it meets the trigger conditions and confirm that it shows up in Salesforce as expected!