Connect uses Twilio, Nexmo, or Plivo to deliver your SMS campaigns.
This article contains the following topics:
- Make sure you're adding phone numbers for each of your users via API identify call or CSV upload. You can see what percentage of your users have a phone number by going to Settings > Users and looking at the phone_number attribute.
- Phone numbers can be either long code or short code.
Below are issues you may encounter when using the SMS channel.
Messages not being sent because of "missing contact info"
- Are you sure you're sending phone numbers for your users? Try navigating to a few of your user's profile and ensure that they have valid, current phone numbers associated with them.
- If you are using Segment to send events to Connect, make sure you're using the right attribute name. Segment requires an attribute called phone which they will then change to phone_number before sending to Connect.
Phone number is invalid
- Connect validates phone numbers before updating a user's profile. Numbers must comply with E.164 formatting.