Chatbots are fueled by artificial intelligence to help automate simple tasks, create better experiences for your customers, and work alongside your agents to give them a helping hand. Today, we’re excited to announce our chatbot solution.
Zendesk’s chatbot solution is powered by the Chat Conversations API. The Conversations API extends the capabilities of live chat by giving you the flexibility to integrate AI-powered bots to automate, scale and customize your business’ customer service experiences through Zendesk Chat.
Building chatbots based on your unique business needs
Our chatbot solution uses the Conversations API to allow your team to integrate bots into Zendesk Chat. To build and develop these bots according to your needs, you can:
- Use one of the Zendesk recommended bot providers
(Current chatbot partners include: Ada, Aivo, BotXO, and KeyReply)
- Work with a third-party bot provider of your own choice
- Use an in-house chatbot built by your team
Common chatbot use cases
Chatbots can be used in a number of different ways. Here a few examples of how third-party chatbots can work with our solution using the Conversations API.
- Faster response times: Use chatbots to automate answers to frequently asked questions so your customers get responses immediately
- Be available for customers 24/7: Chatbots are available to serve your customers, any time of the night or day.
Monday at 2 PM Sunday at 7 PM
- Collect visitor data: Gather useful information about your visitors such as their name, email, and more.
- Seamless bot to human handovers: When the tasks get too complex or sensitive, the chatbots can easily handover the conversation to a human agent, with full context of the conversation.
The Chat Conversations API
The Conversations API is an integral part of our solution. It gives your team the flexibility to embed chatbots into Zendesk Chat, whether it’s built by you or a third-party bot provider. With our solution, and with the help of bot developers, you can create custom, scalable experiences for visitors using Zendesk Chat on your website. The API also enables bot integration into any of the Chat end-user interfaces including the standalone widget, web widget and mobile SDK.
Structured messages allow you to create more interactive experiences between conversational bots and your end-users using rich media, and structured messaging templates like buttons, quick replies, lists, and carousels. Today, we're happy to provide this new capability via the Chat Conversations API. Learn more about how to leverage structured messages with Zendesk Chat.
How to get started
Read the Conversations API documentation to understand how to integrate chatbots within Zendesk Chat, or sign up for a demo here. Our chatbot solution, including the Conversations API is available to all customers on Chat Premium or Enterprise. Bot building and developing costs are separately handled by the respective chatbot partners.
Let us know in the comments if you have any questions or feedback.