Provide multiple language support by using dynamic content in Chat. Create dynamic content in Support, then add to shortcuts for agents to insert them in chats.
This article contains the following sections:
Installing the app
To get started, you'll need to install the Dynamic Content app. Note that you must be logged in to both your Chat and Support accounts to install the app.
To install the Dynamic Content app
- Visit Zendesk Marketplace at zendesk.com/apps.
- Navigate to the Dynamic Content app for Chat by searching or browsing and click Install.
Creating dynamic content items
On Support Professional and Enterprise, you can create dynamic content that can then be referenced via a placeholder in chat shortcuts. You need to create dynamic content in Support in order to use the Dynamic Content app in Chat. For step-by-step instructions, see Creating dynamic content.
Adding dynamic content to shortcuts
After you've created the dynamic content items you want to use in chats, you need to add them to shortcuts in order to use them in chats.
- From the dashboard, select Manage > Shortcuts.
- Click Add Shortcuts to create a new shortcut or click on the row of any shortcut to edit it.
- In the Shortcut field, enter the abbreviated text you want to use as your shortcut. Note that shortcut names cannot contain the following characters: /, \ , $.
- In the Message field, enter a phrase or question that includes your dynamic content placeholder.
- Click Create Shortcut or, if you're editing an existing shortcut, Save Changes, to finish.
For additional general information about shortcuts, see Inserting common phrases with shortcuts.
Using dynamic content in chats
The dynamic content app appears in the sidebar of the chat panel and displays the user's detected language that will be applied to shortcuts with dynamic content placeholders.
- Start typing the shortcut's name or a slash (/) to view all shortcuts.
- Highlight the shortcut you want to use.
- The complete text appears with the placeholder replaced with the corresponding dynamic content.
To manually update the language a dynamic content placeholder is using
- After you've inserted the shortcut, find the Dynamic Content app in the sidebar.
- Select a new language from the drop-down menu.
- Click Update. The updated variant appears in the editor.