Important: This integration is only available for customers using the Legacy versions of Zendesk Chat. For information on connecting an integrated account, see the Support for Wordpress plugin. If you are unsure what type of account you're using, see Determining your Zendesk Chat account type.
If you use WordPress, follow one of the sets of steps below to add the Zendesk Chat widget to your site.
To add the Zendesk Chat widget via plugins
- Click Plugins > Add New.
- Search for the Zendesk Chat app and click Install Now.
- After the plugin is installed, click Activate.
- Select Zendesk Chat from the menu on the left-hand side. When prompted, enter the credentials for your Chat-only account. This is usually an email address and password, but if you have a Zendesk subdomain, provide your subdomain as you are either a Chat Phase 3 or Chat Phase 4 customer. If you don’t have a subdomain, leave the subdomain field blank as you are Legacy Chat customer.
- Click Link Up to complete the setup process.
To add the widget via the Appearance menu
- Select Appearance > Editor.
- Paste your Zendesk live chat script in the Footer section, between the <footer> and </footer> tags. Note:To find your embed code, see Adding the Chat widget to your website.
- Click Update File.