Link your Zendesk Chat account with Zendesk Support to manage chats and tickets from one place. You must be an administrator or the account owner to complete these steps.
The process described in this article applies to Legacy Chat users (Chat-only and integrated with Support). To determine which version you’re using, see Determining your Zendesk Chat account version.
To set up Zendesk Support in Chat
- Go to Settings > Account, then click the Zendesk Support tab.
- If you don't have a Zendesk Support account, complete the following to sign up. If you already have a Zendesk Support account, skip to step 3:
- Click Sign up for Zendesk Support.
- In the new window that opens, enter your work email and a password for Zendesk, then your name and phone number, and click Next.
- Select a subdomain, number of employees, and language. Click Next.
- From Settings > Account > Zendesk Support tab, under Already using Zendesk Support?, enter your Zendesk Support subdomain.
- Click Integrate.
- In the window that appears, enter your Zendesk Support credentials and click Sign in.
- Click Allow.
- Return to the Zendesk Support tab of the dashboard to configure ticket creation settings. For details, see Configuring ticket creation options.