How can I manually send chat transcripts to customers?
If you are an agent, you can manually send chat transcripts by following the below instructions.
- While chatting with a customer, on the chat panel at the top right, click Actions.
- Click Export transcript.
- Enter the email address(es) where you want to send the chat transcript.
- The pop-up notification Transcript will be sent after this conversation ends shows up.
The customer can also manually request the transcript to be sent to their inbox by following the below instructions.
- On the chat window, click the Options icon (...) in the lower-left corner.
- Click Email transcript.
- Enter the email address where you want to send it and click Send.
- The pop-up notification Email will be sent to (email address indicated) when the chat ends shows up.
If you want to automatically send chat transcripts to specific email addresses, see Automatically send chat transcripts with email piping.