How do I display the start date of the week instead of the week number?

Return to top
Have more questions? Submit a request

40 Comments

  • fellownarrator

    How do you do this same rename in the Backlog dataset?

    0
  • Ricardo
    Zendesk Community Team

    Hello fellownarrator!

    Could you please try the following formula:

    DATE_FORMAT(START_OF_WEEK_MONDAY([Backlog recorded - Date]),"YYYY-MM-dd")

    I tried in my test account and it worked. Let me know how it goes for you though!

    1
  • fellownarrator

    That worked, thanks Ricardo!

    0
  • fellownarrator

    How about for:

     

    Tickets Created - Week of Year

    Tickets Solved - Week of Year

    0
  • Ricardo
    Zendesk Community Team

    Are you trying to do add those attributes in the Backlog dataset fellownarrator?

    Those are not available in that dataset. But maybe I didn't understand your question :).

    0
  • fellownarrator

    No, what you gave for the Backlog dataset worked just fine.  Now, I want to make the same changes to a few reports I have in the Tickets Dataset, specifically for:

    Tickets Solved - Week of Year

    Tickets Created - Week of Year

     

     

    0
  • Ricardo
    Zendesk Community Team

    Ah! For the attribute "Tickets Created - Week of Year", you can use the example in the article.

    DATE_FORMAT(START_OF_WEEK_MONDAY([Ticket created - Date]),"YYYY-MM-dd")

    For "Tickets Solved - Week of Year", it should be

    DATE_FORMAT(START_OF_WEEK_MONDAY([Ticket solved - Date]),"YYYY-MM-dd")

    All you need to do is to change what is inside the [square brackets] with the respective Date attribute.

    0
  • fellownarrator

    Got it, thanks again!

    0
  • Aaron Henderson

    Hi there,

    Is it possible to use this formula to view ticket update week, by start of week? And for it to display based on individual updates and not the latest update? I used the below formula and am seeing some odd returns:

    DATE_FORMAT(START_OF_WEEK_MONDAY([Ticket updated - Date]),"YYYY-MM-dd")

    I noticed some odd returns and the numbers not line up when I simply used "Update - Week of year". I added Ticket Update attributes on one card to see what would return. When I did that it returned the report below.

    I did not expect to see multiple weeks of "Update - Week of year" within each "Ticket Updated Week by Start of Week". I drilled in to spot check some tickets and found that my created attribute was displaying the last time the ticket was updated, whether it was by the updater I am filtering for or not. The "Update - Date" and "Update - Week of Year" however correctly show the date/week the ticket was updated by the updaters.

    Is this expected? Is there a way to display ticket update week by start of week instead of just week number? And it show based on individual updates and not the latest update?

     

    Thanks,

    Aaron

    0
  • Kate L.

    Hi Aaron,

    Thanks for sharing your use case. Looking at your formula, it is likely expected to get multiple weeks since you are using the Ticket Updated - Date attribute. This attribute would show a collection of attributes that return the time a ticket was last updated in various time measurements. You may want to use the Time - Ticket update attribute instead so in that case, your formula should be like this:

    DATE_FORMAT(START_OF_WEEK_MONDAY([Update - Date]),"YYYY-MM-dd")

    This list of metrics and attributes will give you an idea of how are they are being calculated and defined across different Support datasets. Hope this helps.

    0

Please sign in to leave a comment.

Powered by Zendesk