A heatmap is a great way to see activity at different times in a compact way.
This replaces the Insights recipe of the same name.
What you'll need
Skill level: Easy
Time Required: 15 minutes
- Zendesk Explore Professional
- Editor or Admin permissions (see Adding users to Explore)
- Ticket data in Zendesk Support
How to create the report in Explore
- In Zendesk Explore, click the queries ( ) icon.
- In the Queries Library, click New Query.
- On the Select a dataset page, select the dataset containing the ticket data you'll need to build the query; in this case Support: Tickets.
Query Builder opens.
- In the Metrics panel, click Add, and then choose Tickets . Make sure to select the both versions, COUNT and D_COUNT, and then click Apply.
- In the Columns panel, click Add, and then from the Time - Ticket created section, choose Ticket created - Day of week. Click Apply.
- In the Rows panel, click Add, and then from the Time - Ticket created section, choose Ticket created - Hour. Click Apply.
- Using the visualization selector (), change the chart to a Table.
- Click Ticket created - Hour and Edit date ranges if you want to filter the chart to show results for a specific period, for example the year to date.
- Click D_Count(Tickets). Change the treatment from Normal to Colour, and then click Apply.
- In the Result manipulation menu (), click Result path calculation. For D_COUNT(Tickets), choose the pattern % of Total, and the path On whole result.
- In the chart configuration menu (), click Colours. Choose Colour encoding > Style 1. Click the left paintdrop and select white. Click the right paintdrop and select the colour you want to represent heavy traffic. You can move the blue dot on the colour range to show more contrast between the bulk of your results.