This Explore recipe shows you how to find the number of unique users who submitted a ticket in any given month. It doesn't matter if a user submits multiple tickets, they will only be counted once.
What you'll need
Skill level: Easy
Time Required: 5 minutes
- Zendesk Explore Professional or Enterprise
- Editor or Admin permissions (see Giving agents access to Explore)
- Ticket data in Zendesk Support
How to create the report in Explore
- In Explore, click the query ( ) icon.
- In the Queries library, click New query.
- On the Choose a dataset page, click Support > Tickets > Support: Tickets, then click New query. Query builder opens.
- Next, add your metrics, the things you want to measure; in this case, the number of tickets created. In the Metrics panel, click Add.
- From the list of metrics, choose Users and organizations > End-users, then click Apply.
- Click the End-users metric in the Metrics panel and change it's aggregator to D_COUNT (because you only want to count each end-user once).
- In the Rows panel, click Add.
- From the list of attributes, choose Time - Ticket Created > Ticket Created - Year and Time - Ticket Created > Ticket Created - Month, in that order, then click Apply.
- If you want to filter your results, click Ticket Created - Year, then choose the period you want to look at. To look at the last 12 months, click edit date range and then click the Advanced tab. Choose from 12 months in the past to 1 months in the past as your range.
This displays your results in a table form. If you prefer to see them in a different format, move Ticket Created - Year and Ticket Created - Month, in that order, from the Rows panel to the Columns panel, and then choose the appropriate chart using the visualization selector. We recommend a column chart for this query.